This post may contain affiliate links. I make a small amount of money when you use these links to make purchases.
I love, no LOVE couponing. Here are tips and some of my favorite sites that I frequent to find the best savings deals on the stores that I frequent.
How to start!
1. Get coupons
2. Get a Sunday Paper or 2 or 3. Before you leave the store, check to make sure there are coupons in the paper before you buy it.
a. Clip out the coupons you want to keep. Clip out the coupons you don’t want (you can attend a coupon swap to have others use and you get others you want. You can also purchase coupon inserts instead of buying the paper.
b. Trade coupons with friends.
3. Make a separate email address just for your couponing. This keeps your main email address clean and all your coupon emails in one location.
4. Attend or host a coupon swap to exchange coupons with local couponers.
5. Make a list of manufacturers you use and contact them.
a. Contact them online or call them and compliment them on their product and kindly request they send you a coupon (be sure you give your name and address in the email you send).
6. You can go online and print coupons for food and other items at these sites coupons.com, redplum.com and smartsource.com Stores may have their own coupons you can add to their loyalty cards too.
7. All You Magazine at Walmart in the checkout aisle has a ton of coupons ($35 + worth per issue)
8. Visit the websites of the stores you shop at and sign up for their emails. They sometimes offer special discounts, restaurants may do this too.
9. Use sites to locate coupons, like Coupon Tom. This site allows you to search for coupons, find out what coupons are expiring and so much more.
11. Learn the stores coupon policy to know what restrictions they have on coupons. Print out the coupon policy and take it with you.
12. Consider mailing your expired coupons to military couponers. They can use expired coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date!
14. Load digital coupons onto your store loyalty card and get credit through SavingsStar Once you’ve purchased that item, your account will be credited and you can redeem the money on your card once it reaches $5
15. Use Smart phone apps to get deals too.
- Ibotta – you take quizzes, watch videos, etc and earn a rebate on your purchases. You scan your receipt and bar code and redeem your $ via paypal.
16. When eating out at restaurants, go to their website an sign up for the emails (they may send coupons).
- Use the birthday freebies and discounts too.
17. Have successful couponing trips, with these tips.