You can take ordinary brownies and make them fun and awesome. Turn your scare on and make your brownies graveyard brownies. Perfect for Halloween parties and school events. Who doesn’t love taking their brownies to that next level of fun!
These are the perfect spooky treat to take your kids Halloween party. The look on the kids faces as they see the tombstones and the bones in the ‘graveyard’.
We did not make these with the bones in the brownie mix, for fear someone might bite on one, unexpectedly. You could bake the bones in the mix, just give warning to your guests that they are bones buried in the brownies.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cookies that look like tombstones
- bone sprinkles
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and mix.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Spread the batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (less if you want gooey brownies). Check with a toothpick to confirm it is done.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and allow them to melt. Spread with a knife into a think layer on top.
- Put the cookies in the brownies in random areas and sprinkle bones around the tombstone.
- Serve and enjoy.