lemon raspberry crumb bread
Lemon raspberry crumb bread. Be still my heart. This bread is a little sweet, sour and fruity all at once. It’s one of those breads that has me happy after taking a bite. The delicious taste of raspberry jam, but in a bread. You can taste the lemon too, giving it a tartness. The then crusty crumb that cooks ever so deliciously. Perfection!
I make this in 3 mini loaf pans, so I can eat one now, and freeze 2 for later. This is great for a dish to pass for a party. Because it’s a sweet bread, my recommendation is to make it in small loaves. Besides it looks so cute that way too!
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup lemon juice (or juice from 5 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream the cream cheese (this will make it fluffy), then add in the butter and cream it some more.
- Add in the sugar until blended, then add in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add in the bananas and walnuts and mix again.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix.
- Place batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.