Chocolate Cherry Brownie recipe
Do you love brownies? Me to! This chocolate cherry brownie recipe take brownies to another level of loving! These are cherry cordial like brownies that did not last long in our house. Imagine taking these to your next family gathering!
These brownies are super easy to make. All you need is a can of cherry pie filling, and you have a delicious upgrade to your brownies. Cooking cherries IN the brownies make them so delightful and delicious. Then you add more cherries on top. Awesome! They will be gone in a flash.
I love to have extra chocolate in my brownies. Adding chocolate chips gives it an extra layer of chocolate (makes them super delicious!).
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 14-16 oz can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt,baking powder and mix.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Mix in half the can of cherry pie filling.
- Place the chocolate candies all over the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (less if you want gooey brownies). Check with a toothpick to confirm it is done.
- Use the remaining pie filling on top of the brownies when ready to serve or place cherries on each single serving.
- NOTE: If you put the cherries on the top and do not eat it all, it may get soggy.