We love pineapple and strawberries. My kids usually just eat them on their own. I can get them to eat more fruits when I make a strawberry pineapple smoothie. They will drink one glass and then ask if they can have another! Of course! It’s fruit!
We use fresh pineapple whenever it’s possible (usually when it’s on sale). Canned pineapple works fine as well.
I love that hidden within the fruits is a little protein with the vanilla yogurt. It helps make the smoothie smooth!
You can serve the smoothie with a cut strawberry on top and your kids will be thrilled that their drink is so fancy.
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a a blender, add all the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth.
- You will need to stop the blender and wiggle it to get the fruit to crush. Use caution when doing this. We shake the blender gently back and forth to do this.
- Serve in a glass and enjoy.
- Use any left overs for Popsicle's..