These pancake sausage muffins bring 2 breakfast favorites together. When you make muffins, it makes food portable and you can make it ahead of time, freeze and warm up when you want to eat it.
Add a little delicious syrup to dip the muffins in or pour it over your plate. Use silverware or don’t. There is no wrong way to eat these muffins, just enjoy.
Pancake sausage muffins
Roll the sausage into round balls about a tablespoon in size and cook through until browned. Browning adds great flavor as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Roll sausages into small balls and cooked through
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large (12 cup bowl), mix the flour, baking soda and sugar.
- Next add the buttermilk vanilla and egg.
- Mix thoroughly and allow to sit while buttering the muffin tin generously (will crisp the pancakes and they will lift out easier).
- Place a cooked sausage ball in the middle of each muffin tin.
- Pour pancake mix over the sausage. It will not hid the sausage, but you will see a bump.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and toothpick comes out clear.