Cranberry orange muffins
When you think of Fall, you think or pumpkins and turkey. There are so many other things to Fall, like cranberry orange muffins. There are so many more things you can do with cranberries than buying them from a can in gel form.
This is not a super sweet recipe muffin (it’s a muffin, not a cupcake) , so you can taste all the flavors of the cranberry and orange. You can make it sweeter, but adding more sugar. We even sprinkled a little sugar on the top to be fancy.
decided to take cranberry and oranges and add them into a muffin.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 seedless orange, quartered
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter (and cool)
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers.
- In a food chopper, add the cranberries, entire orange (including the rind) and sugar and chop until coarse, but small pieces.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and blueberries and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk in the cranberry mixture.
- Add the butter (be sure it is cooled and not hot) and mix into the egg and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle on top of each muffin with the granulated/white sugar .
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.