Halloween Brownies party treats
So your kids tell you mom you have to bring something for my Halloween party. You panic, what will you bring? What about Eye of Newt Halloween brownies?
You can make this easy brownie recipe and add your candies and eyes and boom, you have a semi-quick save the day treat for your kids Halloween party.
Brownies are one of the easier recipes to make homemade. This recipe is perfect for the Halloween party your friends are throwing and you don’t want to come empty handed.
This is not a overly sweet recipe. It does contain candy and chocolate candy in it. This is sweet enough to balance out the flavors of the brownie perfectly.
Your kids will love helping and putting the eyes into the brownies too. If you have raspberry or strawberry jelly, you could drizzle that over the top for a ‘blood’ effect, but they are perfectly fine without that.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate candies
- edible candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 pan.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt,baking powder and mix.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the pan evenly.
- Place the chocolate candies all over the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (less if you want gooey brownies). Check with a toothpick to confirm it is done.
- Put the eyes into the warm brownies all over the top.
- Allow to cool and serve.