I had the honor of going and visiting this Trout Farm and having Dan cook this recipe for me.
I am not a fish fan, but this was not a fishy fish meal. I’m sure you will enjoy it. Takes about 6 minutes to make.
You need to have a hot grill.
If you have a lot of trout to cook, you can take a pan with sides and layer your trout and put the seasoning mix on, then add salt and pepper. Add another layer on top and repeat. Then put on the grill as space allows and cook up.
- 4 Rainbow Trout Fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon (or 2 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon.fresh minced tarragon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat and oil the grill. A seasoned grill is the best to keep the fish from sticking to the grill.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juce, and tarragon in a bowl and set aside.
- Season the Trout fillets with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Grill fillets meat side down until Trout is half-done (about 3 minutes). It will start to curl a bit.
- Turn fillets and brush with Lemon-Tarragon Oil.
- Grill until fillets are opaque throughout (about 3 more minutes).
- Serve Trout fillets immediately.
Thicker pieces may take longer to cook than thiner pieces, so adjust time accordingly.