This is a super yummy cherry bread recipe. Making it in small mini loave pans, makes it a great gift for friends.
Or freeze two and eat 1, making the bread last longer. It is great sweet treat perfect year round.
Wrap the cherry bread in celephane and ribbon and it’s a perfect for a gift for family and friends.
- 1 8oz brick of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream the cream cheese (this will make it fluffy), then add in the butter and cream it some more.
- Add in the sugars until blended, then add in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add in the cherries and walnuts and mix again.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix.
- Place batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.