This could also be called a cupcake. My kids helped me work out this recipe and they say it needs ‘more sugar’. They are fine, I’ve made them with more sugar and they still want more. That is call candy or cupcakes.
We used these as my daughters cupcakes for school.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter (and cool)
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, cocoa baking powder and salt and chocolate chips and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk.
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the butter (be sure it is cooled and not hot) and mix into the egg and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stirl until incorporated.
- Add the water and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean.