Bean soup is something that brings back many good memories My grandma would pull some she’d made out of the freezer for me from a big batch she’d made. Or we’d make it, so I could write down her recipe (which was never measured).
quick bean soup
I call it quick bean soup, because instead of spending the time soaking the beans, I used canned Navy Beans/Northern Beans.
This alone saves you a day in making this, and less prep time.
You can dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker, stir, turn on the crock pot and walk away.
This is perfect to make after cooking a ham and there are leftovers. You don’t need a lot to give this soup lots of flavor.
- 3 cans Northern Beans drained
- 1 cup diced/finely chopped ham
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups chicken stock
- water to fill 1 inch above the beans in the crock pot
- Drain the beans using your Tupperware Colander and place into the crock pot.
- Finely chop the ham, carrots and celery to your liking. (I used the Tupperware Chop N Prep as it was quick and easy]
- Add the ham, carrots and celery into the crock pot.
- Add in 2 cups chicken stock and stir.
- Add in enough water to be 1 inch above the beans.
- Let cook on low for 4-6 hours.