How do you like y our potato soup? I like mine with a little cheese and crackers.
This is super easy to dump into the crock pot and let it slow cook all day long.
A little preplanning in the morning and you will have yourself a meal for a week.
- 7 potatos (I used russet)
- 1 carrot (use more if you want more, I used 3 baby carrots)
- 1 26 oz container of chicken stock
- 2-3 strips of bacon crumbled (more if you want more)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup water.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Peel the potatos (keep the skins on if you want to) and cut them into cubes.
- Add the potatos and chicken stock into the slow cooker.
- Chop the bacon until it's fine, or you can leave it chunky. I made it fine (to hide it from the kids) with the Tupperware Chop N Prep.
- Chop the carrot super thin and cut it up as fine as you like (the smaller you cut it up, the faster it will cook).
- You will want to cook this on low for 6-8 hours, so start it in the morning if you want it for dinner.
- Once it has been cooking for a few hours, stir it up a bit to loosen the potatos (you can do this when you get home as well).
- Add the corn starch and water mixture and stir.
- Add the cheese after it has been cooking a while and right before you serve it, so the crock pot doesn't burn.
- Stir it in and when it melts it's ready to serve!
- Alternative way to cook: If you want to speed this recipe up, you can cook the potatos on the stove (like you do mash potatos, but instead of using water to boil them in, use the chicken stock, and add the carrots). Get your slow cooker turned on while the potatos are cooking and when they are soft move it from the stove to the slow cooker. Add the bacon and let it cook for at least 4 hours, you want the flavors to meld with the bacon. Add the cheese at the end.