This cream of mushroom pork chop recipe is something I grew up with. I learned at a young age how to make this while my mom was working in the other room. Well okay, I learned to keep it from burning. Eventually I learned how to make it myself.
cream of mushroom pork chop
I purchase pork loin when it’s on sale for about $1.99 lb. Then I slice 1 – 1 1/2 inch thick slices. I will separate with parchment paper and freeze until we are ready to use. Be sure to freeze a serving size that you will cook, not the entire pork loin, unless your family needs the entire loin.
- Pork chops, quartered
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- pat of butter
- Add the butter into a pan (that has a lid) and turn on heat to medium.
- Once the butter is melted, add the pork chops and pepper the tops of the pork chops.
- Cook the pork chops until they are cooked half way and turn over.
- Pepper the other side of the pork chops and cook through.
- In a bowl, mix the cream of mushroom soup with the cup of water until blended.
- Add the soup into the pan, cover and reduce the heat.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid off the pan, so there is an edge that is open to release steam.
- Cook for another 15 minutes while the sauce reduces (You can also remove the lid completely).
- Serve and enjoy.