apple cider bbq chicken
BBQ chicken is one of my favorite foods to eat. I decided to modify my bbq sauce recipe I got from friend back when I lived in North Carolina. I love apple cider and the sweetness it brings, so apple cider bbq chicken was created.
When cooking chicken, I prefer to cook it in the slow cooker, otherwise I forget. You can take this recipe and put it in the oven (I recommend using an oven bag to not dry out the chicken) and cook until done (about 2 hours, 350F).
I like to remove the top of the slow cooker as I’m getting everything around to eat, so that the sauce will reduce. Taking a little bit of the sauce and spoon it over your chicken. The sauce is great over baked potatoes with butter too.
- slow cooker
- Chicken breast cut in half
- 1 bottle honey bbq sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red peppercorns
- Place the chicken in the crock pot
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients until blended.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and cook 4-6 hours on low.
- They are done when you put a fork in the chicken and it falls apart easy.
- Serve with potatoes and add sauce to your chicken for dunking and dipping.