Thanks to Keystone Meats for sending me their beef to make this delicious veggie beef barley soup. This can be cooked quickly in a pan or if you are looking for a quick meal to make in the slow cooker, you can do that too.
May is beef month and Keystone Meats is having a Beef Up Family Time recipe contest to win a years worth of Keystone meats! You are invited to enter your favorite beef recipe on Facebook or online. You must enter your recipe by May 31, 2017.
veggie beef barley soup
Making dinner should not take all night. I love it when I can dump things into a pot and let the food do it’s thing. I prefer when I don’t have to stand in the kitchen and do a lot of overseeing the food cooking. So I am thankful for Keystone Meats. It’s super delicious out of the can good, so I know my meals are going to be equally delicious when I cook anything with them. It’s made right here in the mid-west in Lima, Ohio too.
What veggies do you like in your beef barley soup?
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Keystone Beef
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup barley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 stalks celery chopped finely 1/4" pieces
- 1 potato chopped into 1/2" or smaller cubes
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 bay leaves
- Turn your slow cooker on high. If cooking in a pan, use a large dutch oven style pot.
- Add in the can of Keystone beef. There will be a little fat in the beef, remove all but 1 piece.
- Chopped the meat up so that it is all over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the black pepper (I shake it all over the meant).
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and stir until the corn starch is incorporated.
- Turn the slow cooker down to low and cook for 4 hours, until the barley is soft.
- If cooking by pan, cook until the barley is soft, serve and enjoy.