cast iron beef stroganoff
We had left over beef and made this beef stroganoff in my grandma’s old cast iron skillet. If you are looking for something different to make for dinner, this is the perfect recipe.
This stroganoff is a great leftover meal to take to work and warm up. It has great flavor and is a perfect meal to make for your sweetie as a special date night meal.
Add this to your weekly meal planning list and your family will thank you.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups beef pieces cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced onion (or 1 small diced onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 mushroom caps sliced and halved
- 1 -14.5 oz can beef broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- pepper and salt to taste
- In your cast iron pan, heat the olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the beef strips (we used left overs from a roast)
- Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic and allow to warm.
- add the beef broth, reserving a cup.
- Add the flour to the beef broth and stir.
- Add into the pan and stir.
- Add the sour cream and stir in completely.
- Add the pepper and salt to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce.