It’s time to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! I love all things pumpkin. It signifies the hot days of Summer have left and Fall is finally here. The weather here in Michigan cools down and we can begin to harvest the last from our garden.
If you have your own garden, consider growing pie pumpkins. You can then bake your own pumpkin and use it in your recipes. It’s fresh and delicious, not to mention inexpensive when you consider the cost of a packet of pie pumpkin seeds.
Pumpkin is great to cook with year round, so I’m thankful if we don’t have any pie pumpkins, we are able to use the can version. We also can our pie pumpkins so we can use it year round (another option for you
Check out this recipe for making your own delicious pumpkin pie muffins. We used mini chocolate chips, but you can use milk or white as an alternative.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup pumpkin pie
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers (much easier clean up to use cupcake papers).
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder mix. pumpkin pie spice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the soft butter and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the pumpkin pie and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips into the mix and stir to incorporate.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.