Sour cream apple muffins
Sour cream apple muffins, really? Yes. It makes the muffins moist and delicious. If you are a big apple fan, like I am, you will enjoy this recipe. Apple anything is my favorite dish.
My family, my son especially requests me to make these apple muffins for him. So with a few apples and a preheated oven, we made these tasty treats. Does your family like apples? Do you eat them more in the Fall or year round?
When you bake your own apple muffins, be sure to use a soft apple like granny smith or fuji. They soften well and are perfect for baking.
What is your favorite apple?
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped apples (granny smith/fuji)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers (much easier clean up to use cupcake papers).
- Add chopped apples with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the soft butter and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Add the apples into the mix and stir to incorporate.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Cool.