I am a big apple everything fan. So when I can play and find a new way to eat apple muffins, it’s a happy day for me.
This is one of my son’s favorite requests….make apple muffins mom. So with a few apples and a preheated oven, we made these tasty treats. Does your family like apples? Do you eat them more in the Fall or year round?
What is your favorite apple?
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped apples (granny smith/fuji)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers (much easier clean up to use cupcake papers).
- Add chopped apples with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the soft butter and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Add the apples into the mix and stir to incorporate.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Cool.