I love strawberry lemonade. Transforming it into a muffin, gives you a tangy lemon taste with the sweet strawberry taste gets you strawberry lemonade muffins.
Fresh strawberries work best (I think) because they are a little firmer when you are baking. You can use frozen strawberries in your recipe. Make sure you put them in frozen so they don’t get all mushy until you bake them.
These muffins would be great for a snack, bringing a dish to pass, party treats or family gatherings.
Whatever event you have, these would be a welcome addition.
Note: these should be served within a few days after making as they can get soggy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemon's worth)
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers (much easier clean up to use cupcake papers).
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder and strawberries and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the soft butter and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Cool.