I love strawberry lemonade. Transforming it into a muffin, gives you a tangy lemon taste with the sweet strawberry taste.
Fresh strawberries work well, but you can use frozen strawberries as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemon's worth)
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers (much easier clean up to use cupcake papers).
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder and strawberries and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the soft butter and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Cool.