This delicious homemade cinnamon bread is perfect for breakfast. No reason to run to a restaurant to order cinnamon bread or paying $4 for a loaf at the store. You can make it for less with a little bit of time and not a lot of money.
This recipe can make 1 loaf of bread when using regular sized bread pans.
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 Tablespoons live yeast
- 2 eggs
- 5 - 5 1/2 cups flour
- Cinnamon (you'll need enough to cover the dough)
- In a bowl, add the water, sugar, oil and mix.
- Add in the yeast and stir.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes allow the yeast to grow (also called the mother)
- Add the eggs and mix, add half the flour and mix.
- Add a little flour at a time until mixture is not wet and forms a ball.
- Place bread in a ball and cover. Allow bread to rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove from bowl and cover counter with flour and spread out about half of the dough.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out thinly but wide enough for the loaf of bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the dough until it is covered evenly.
- Roll the bread up like you do for cinnamon roll, keeping it tight and seal the end to the dough once done.
- Place into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy.