These cupcakes are so devine. You wouldn’t konw they were made from a box cake.
banana split cupcakes
- yellow box cake
- 1 pint crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium banana
- whipped cream
- toasted coconut
- maraschino cherries (halved)
- Preheat the oven to the directions on the box.
- Take your box cake and add the eggs and crushed pineapple and water.
- Place the cupcake liner in the tray or spray the cupcake tray.Add 1 tablespoon of batter into the tray for each cupcake.
- Take the banana, peel and cut 1/2" to 1 inch pieces and place into the middle of the cupcake batter in each cupcake.
- Take the left over batter and cover the banana with batter. (I used about 1 tablespoon per cupcake)
- Bake the cucpakes per the instructions on the box or until they test done with a toothpick.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool.
- The cupcakes should only get the whipped topping once you are ready to serve or the cool whip will get icky. (official baking term).
- Once the cupcakes are cool, give them a good dollop of whipped cream and spread around.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut on them and top with a halved maraschino cherry.