Making this ham and bean soup makes life a little easier when I need to make something for dinner.
It’s a great way to use left over ham and veggies. (we used carrots but you can throw different ones you like such as celery as well).
How will you customize your ham and bean soup? What is your favorite way to make ham and bean soup?
- 1 14 oz can chicken stock
- 2 cans white navy beans (undrained)
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- pepper to taste
- In a stock pot, add the beans and ham.
- Add the chicken stock and carrots and cook in medium- low heat.
- Add pepper to your taste preference (I add a layer over half the dish and call it good)
- Everything is cooked except the carrots, so you need to cook until the carrots are softened.
- Take a potato masher and mash the beans a bit to thicken up the soup.
- Remove from heat once the carrots are cooked, serve and enjoy.