As my kids are growing up though, I’ve decided, I need to take care of me more. I have let me sit in a corner and not get what I need. I have always put the kids needs above myself. I take no me time. When I run to the grocery store without one of them, I feel guilty.
I’m draining myself of me. If I need things for me, I buy them online. I don’t go shopping leisurely in a store. Because I have one or both of the kids in tow, it’s not a fun shopping experience. My son allots me minutes to race through the store. I need to set the boundries of what will happen and remember I am the parent.
I have discovered that people that were once my friends, are no longer my friends. They are just people who are part of my past and I need to leave them there. I am spending to much effort trying and getting nothing in return.
I see people will big houses and fancy things. I remind myself that things others have, does not diminished what I have or my goals. It means I am on a different path and it is ok.
- I commit to taking a day for me and a day for my husband and I now and then.
- I will hire our sitter more often to get away from my kids, so I can miss them, love and appreciate them when I return. This will grow their independence away from me as well.
- I will be happy with what I have and not dwell on what I don’t have.
- I will go shopping in a store. Alone. And buy clothes other than underwear.
- I will spend less time in my car and more time with my family.
What will you do to make the year shine for you?