Just look at those bits of apple and the cinnamon swirl you make. It’s like you bought this, but you made it much cheaper.
This recipe can make 2 loaves, possibly a third depending on how small your pan is. We used the regular sized bread pan.
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 Tablespoons live yeast
- 3 eggs
- 10 1/2 - 11 cups flour
- 6-7 cups apples chopped into 1" pieces (soft cooking apples like granny smith, fuji, or jonagold)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, add the water, sugar, oil and mix.
- Add in the yeast and stir.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes allow the yeast to grow (also called the mother)
- Add the eggs and mix, add half the flour and mix.
- Add a little flour at a time until mixture is not wet and forms a ball.
- Place bread in a ball and cover. Allow bread to rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove from bowl and cover counter with flour and spread out the dough.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out thinly but wide enough for the loaf of bread.