This cinnamon apple bread is perfect for breakfast, that special holiday or family gathering. It will be something your friends and family ask you to make again and again.
Just look at those bits of apple and the cinnamon swirl you make. It’s like you bought this, but you made it much cheaper. This would make a great Christmas gift or a thank you gift for the host of the next party you attend.
This recipe can make 2 loaves, possibly a third depending on how small your pan is. We used the regular sized bread pan and made 2 loaves.
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 Tablespoons live yeast
- 3 eggs
- 10 1/2 - 11 cups flour
- 6-7 cups apples chopped into 1" pieces (soft cooking apples like granny smith, fuji, or jonagold)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, add the water, sugar, oil and mix.
- Add in the yeast and stir.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes allow the yeast to grow (also called the mother)
- Add the eggs and mix, add half the flour and mix.
- Add a little flour at a time until mixture is not wet and forms a ball.
- Place bread in a ball and cover. Allow bread to rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Remove from bowl and cover counter with flour and spread out the dough.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out thinly but wide enough for the loaf of bread.