I love pumpkin everything. We have used pumpkin from a can, but when we bought our own pie pumpkins last year and canned our on pumpkin.
I have heard that baking the pumpkin adds flavor because the sugars in the pumpkin are enhanced. It does give another delicious flavor level.
Use it to make pumpkin pie, muffins, bread, cheese cake, scones, you name it. Easily make your own pumpkin evertyhing inexpensively by baking your own pumpkin.
- baking sheet
- pie pumpkins (washed)
- preheat oven 350F
- sharp knife
- ice cream scoop
- Make sure to wash the pumpkin before starting. You do not want to have or get dirt inside the part you are going to eat.
- Remove the stem off the pumpkin if it's still on the pumpkin.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, from top to bottom in half.
- Use the ice cream scoop and scoop out the seeds and strings from inside the pumpkin.
- You can save the seeds for roasting or wash and save and plant next year.
- Place the pumpkin cut side down and cook for 1-2 hours, until the pumpkin is tender.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool and use the ice cream scoop to remove the pumpkin from the skin of the pumpkin.
- You can then puree the pumpkin for a smoother consistency for your baking.