I get a small commission to help keep this site up and running, when you use the links below. Thank you for shopping from these links in the crispy rice balls recipe.
Rice Crispy balls
I had some left over red, white and blue marshmallows from the 4th of July (don’t judge). I separated out the blue and added some of the white ones to have the appropriate amount. Thus the Frozen crispy rice crispy balls were made.
These are a great size for kids, making them perfect for school parties or those special Anna and Elsa birthday parties you have for your princess.
These balls are 1-2 inches in size. You want to have a snack, not an entire sugar melt down with these. I recommend mixing the sprinkles into the mix versus rolling the balls into the sprinkles (not easy or successful rolling them in it).
I recommend using the a silicone mat and a large bowl for this recipe, made things so much easier.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 small bottle of snow flake sprinkles
- In a 3 quart sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Place the crispy rice cereal into a large bowl (I use the Tupperware Thatsa Bowl 32 cups)
- Once the butter is melted, add the marshallows and melt them with the butter on medium heat.
- Once the marshallow is melted, add it into the bowl with the rice crispy cereal and mix thorough.
- Add in the entire bottle of snow flake sprinkles and mix thoroughly.
- On a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or Tupperware's Silicone Wonder Mat), make small 1-2 in balls of the crispy rice cereal and allow to cool.
- You will need to keep your hands wet with cold water to keep the cereal from sticking to your hands.
- Make the balls and allow to set before serving.