This has become one of my favorite salads. A way to get the kids to eat their fruits. It’s healthy for you (minus the marshmallows). That is what I tell myself anyway.
It is easy to make.
I would suggest that you do not add the bananas or marshmallows until just before you serve it.
The reason being, the marshmallows will disolve and the bananas may brown if you don’t put the lemon juice on them.
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 pineapple cut into small pieces or 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 bananas chopped into pieces and sprinkled with lemon juice (to keep from browning)
- 1 pound strawberries chopped into pieces
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/2 bag of coconut flakes
- 1/2 bag marshmallows (need to be added just before you serve)
- In your Tuppeware Thatsa Bowl add the drained oranges, drained pineapple and sour cream and mix until the sour cream disolves.
- Add the strawberries and mix.
- Add the coconut and bananas and mix.
- Before serving, add the marshmallows and mix.
You can leave the juice from the oranges and pineapple in if you desire, it is just a little more soupy.
If you add the marshmallows too soon, they will dissolve into the salad.
The bananas will get brown and mushy over time if you have left overs. As an alternative (because this is great for left overs), is to leave the bananas to the side and have people add in what they want.