Slow cooker chicken pot pie
I love chicken and love pot pies. I love the crust the most. This was pretty easy to make, you chop, dump and wait then eat.
I was inspried to remake the Pot Pie in the crock pot. The Wynn Resort’s is made with gardein ™ chick’n, carrots, green beans, potatoes and baked in a puff pastry.
I’m a busy mom and there are some (most) days I just can’t cook a meal after work. I need to have the cooking done during the day. Having a slow cooker do the work, makes dinner happen easily.
My hubby was looking for another way to eat chicken and the pot pie seemed like a good idea. I was expecting the puff pastry to puff, but it didn’t. It ended up having more of a noodle consistency, which was still delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 can cut carrots
- 1 large can mixed vegetables (think vegetable medley)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- In your slow cooker, put in a liner if you wish and turn the crock pot on low.
- Add the chopped chicken, carrots, mixed vegetables (juice and all).
- Mix the corn starch with the cream and add into the mix. Add pepper if you wish and stir.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on top of the chicken, be sure to tuck or trim the edges to make it roundish.
- Alternative is to cut the pastry sheet into 1 inch strips and mix in (like noodles).
- Cook 4-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!