Lemon poppy seed muffins recipe
Perfect to give you a zip in your morning, snack in the middle of the day. I love them with a glass of milk and a little pat of butter. If you have a few left over, you can warm them up every morning and eat them warm. So delicious and one of the guys in the houses favorites for me to make.
Made with fresh lemon juice. You can use fresh juice or juice from the bottle, your choice.
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2/3 cups sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon (about 3-4 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and poppy seeds together and set aside.
- In another larger bowl, whip the eggs until the yolks are lighter in color.
- Add the butter and sugar and mix.
- Add the zest, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add into muffin tin, with or without (spray it first if you go without!) cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until toothpick is clean when you check.