It is a take on a local restaurants skillets that they make. I love getting them from there, but it can be pricey.
And when you have a little boy who wants to eat it all the time, I had to find a way to do it myself.
It’s hash browns with your favorite meats (we use bacon, sausage and sometimes ham along with Colby cheese. It’s like a casserole you combine on the stove and eat, versus baking it.
Many layers of goodness in a bowl or in a skillet (skillets keep it warm while you eat)
- 3 large pans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound hashbrowns
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 8oz bag colby cheese (or grate your own)
- In a large pan, add 2 tablesspoons butter and melt it with the hashbrowns and begin to brown them.
- In another pan cook the sausage until browned, then remove from the stove and drain off the grease.
- In your last pan, cook the back until cooked completely, set on paper towel to remove the excess grease, then chop into pieces.
- Take a portion of the browned hashbrowns onto your plate and add a portion of the sausage on top of the hashbrowns.
- Add a portion of the bacon on top of the of the sausage.
- Finally add the cheese on top of the mix and eat!