This is a compensated sponsored post, though all opinions are my own. A food kit was provided to me by Red Gold Tomatoes with the ingredients to make the delicious recipe below for a lasagna party.
Red Gold is launching their Food Brings People Together campaign. Red Gold works with local family farms, some here in Michigan to grow their great tasting tomatoes. I used their delicious tomatoes to make this easy classic lasagna.
Red Gold is also kicking off their 2nd annual Red Gold Simple Gourmet Lasagna Party. This party runs from January 13-February 3 on Facebook. They are giving away 750 aprons and 6 Gourmet Lasagna Party Prize Packs that include a Le Creuset Lasagna Pan.
The kit includes:
2 – 14 oz cans of Red Gold diced tomatoes with Basil Garlic and Oregano
1 – 28 oz can Red Gold crushed tomatoes
a package of lasagna noodles
a Laura’s Lean beef apron
a coupon for Laura’s Lean Beef product
6 Simple Gourmet Lasagna recipes
My husband loved the lasagna so much, he sent me a text telling me how great it was. He rarely sends me a text to say my food was great. Maybe one other time.
Check out the delicious recipe I made below with those sweet and tasty Red Gold Tomatoes.
- 1/2 up water
- 1 28 oz can Red Gold Crushed tomatoes (or 2 15 oz can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes)
- 2 14.5 oz cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pound Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef (or any ground beef or italian sausage), cooked and drained
- 1 16 oz box lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 15 oz carton low fat ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup italian cheese blend.
- Peheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook the meat and drain. Add the italian seasoning and stir.
- In a bowl mix the water, tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
- Add the ground beef into the tomatoes and mix.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1 1/2 cups sauce mix.
- Arranged 1/3 of the noodles on top of the sauce, slightly overlapping the noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of the ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce.
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozarella and italian cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours under noodles are cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.