I love Lasagna. I once made a lasagna that took me all day to cook. It involved making meatballs (from scratch). Cooking the meatballs and then putting them in sauce, crumbling them and THEN making the lasagna.
This recipe is not like that. It’s easy. It is a recipe shared from Red Gold (I’m a Red Gold blogger!). Red Gold makes cooking meals easier.
I made 2 smaller lasagnas from this recipe and froze the extra for later.
- 1/2 up water
- 1 28 oz can Red Gold Crushed tomatoes (or 2 15 oz can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes)
- 2 14.5 oz cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pound Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef (or any ground beef or italian sausage), cooked and drained
- 1 16 oz box lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 15 oz carton low fat ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup italian cheese blend.
- Peheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook the meat and drain. Add the italian seasoning and stir.
- In a bowl mix the water, tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
- Add the ground beef into the tomatoes and mix.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1 1/2 cups sauce mix.
- Arranged 1/3 of the noodles on top of the sauce, slightly overlapping the noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of the ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce.
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 noodles and the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozarella and italian cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours under noodles are cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.