Cherry cheese danish
Cherry cheese danish are one of my favorite fruits, so I try to find ways to eat them in many of our meals.
This is a sweet and delicious dish to make for Christmas morning or any holiday. There is enough you can cook them up and freeze for later. It’s a dessert that is acceptable to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack.
This is a recipe that is enough to share when you have family and friends over. If you want to half the recipe for your family, it would make plenty.
- Two cans of crescent rolls
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- white sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Unroll the crescent rolls from 1 container onto your Tupperware silicone wonder mat on a cookie sheet and press the crescents together so the cut marks are closed.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of the crescent rolls in a thin layer, using about half the mix.
- Spoon 1/2 the can of pie filling on top, keeping away from the edges.
- Pull the other half of the crescent rolls on top of the crescent and push down to ensure all the edges are closed Cut slits in the pastry so it cooks evenly.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with white sugar.
- Repeat with the other roll of crescents.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown. (make sure it's not doughy in the middle)