Potato soup is one of my favorite soups. It’s not super expensive, the main ingredient is potatoes and you put it in a slow cooker and let it cook.
You add your meats, bacon or ham, cheese and a few other ingredients.
A great dish in the Fall, tailgating or whenever. Great way to use up left overs.
To make this meal quicker, you can use microwaved potatoes.
- 6 potatoes (I use russets)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 8 ouncese colby cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small 1/4" size cubes and place into slow cooker.
- Add the cans of chicken broth and pepper and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and ham. The ham should be cut into tiny chunks. Adjust the amount of ham you want if you like less or more.
- Add in colby cheese and corn starch and stir.
- Allow to cook for 6-8 hours. After that time, you can take your potato masher and mash a few of the pototoes.