There are so many ways to make chili, I love trying out new ways to put a twist on chili.
Chili can be served alone or with cornbread.
Sprinkle some cheese on top and you have a delicious twist. Adding crackers works too if you don’t serve with bread.
Perfect to serve during the Fall, when watching football or anytime really.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice 1 (29-ounce)
- 2 15oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder (or to your taste preference)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet pan, brown the ground beef and drain off excess fat.
- Plaace the beef into a 6 quart pot.
- Add the onions and peppers.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pot and let the chili simmer on low for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir every 15-20 minutes.