This was a easy recipe to make. I did use a refrigerated pie crust to make it quickly.
Apple tarts are similar to apple pies, but they are flat and require less apples. The apples are cut thin (to bake quickly).
This is great to serve with ice cream, whipped cream or by itself.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (at room temperature)
- 1 large granny smith apple (or 2 small apples), peeled, cored and halved.
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the[Silicone Wonder Mat on a cookie sheet and then roll out the dough into an oblong circle onto the mat.
- Take the Mandoline and set it to 2, locking the triangle knob.
- Take an apple and secure it to the guide and slice it.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon-vanilla and flour together.
- Add the apple slices into the bowl and coat completely.
- Top the pie crust in the middle, about 2 inches from the edge, with the apple slices, overlapping.
- Fold up outer edges of crust around the apples.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature Add ice cream, whipped cream for an additional yum factor.