For years my family has went to the MSU Ag Expo. My dad took me there when I was a kid and back when he was farming for the farmer down the road. He now carries on the tradition with my husband and kids.
Held on Michigan State Universities campus in East Lansing, Michigan, the Ag Expo, is nowin their 35th year.
The Expo has grown to include:
- educational sessions
- commercial activities
- exhibits on a variety a wide variety of agriculture related topics
- many presentations
- tons of demonstrations
- more awesome ag stuff
The 2014 expo is held July 22-24, 7:30-3:30, Thursday 7:30-3:00.
Things to consider:
- Be prepared to walk a lot!! You will want to wear comfortable shoes, the Expo covers 40 acres and has hundreds of exhibitors to see.
- Bring a reuseable bag to carry any materials you might receive at the Expo (they do have plastic bags, but those can tend to hurt your hands after time)
- Bring a reuseable water bottle. You are going to get thirsty.
- Bring money! There are food vendors and some exhibitors have items to purchase on site.
- Check out the schedule before you go, so you can plan your trip to see any demos you want to see.
- Plan to stay most of the day. Unless you want to see 1-2 things at the Expo, you will want to plan on being at the Expo all or half the day to be able to see everything.
- Bring sunscreen. You will be outside, in the heat.
- Take an umbrella. You are in Michigan, it may just rain (or use it to keep the sun off of you).
Enjoy your visit at the Michigan Ag Expo
When is next years Expo, check the schedule to find out.
I was not compensated to provide you this information. I just thing this is a really cool event you should check out and explorer. Thoughts and opinions are mine. Your experience may differ.