This made 3 huge mini loaves (probably could have made 4 if I had 4 pans).
Put a pat of butter on this and dig in with a large glass of milk.
Recipe: Banana Bread
- 1 8oz brick of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 3-4 bananas peeled and smashed
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream the cream cheese (this will make it fluffy), then add in the butter and cream it some more.
- Add in the sugar until blended, then add in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add in the bananas and walnuts and mix again.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix.
- Place batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.