Every time I look at this recipe, I am reminded how delicious and tasty it was and I want to make it over and over again.
Would be great on tortillas or over potatoes too!
Recipe: Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 1 pound stew meat (or cut a roast into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion cut into 1 inch chucks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mince ginger
- 1/2 cup hoisen sauce (I used garlic flavored)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (to thicken)
- In a pan, put the olive oil in and sear the meat until brown.
- Add beef and juices from pan into the slow cooker (make sure it has a liner!),
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, hoisen sauce and corn starch.
- Pour over the slow cooker.
- Turn on low and place the lid on.
- Allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over potatoes or drain the juice out and serve on tortillas.