Michigan is know for our cherries in the cherry capital, Travese City.
You can eat these delicious muffins with fresh Michigan cherries and fresh lemon juice.
Drizzle with the delicious frosting and these muffin is sweet and sour in one bite.
You can’t eat just one. These are perfect for breakfast, snacks or a dish to pass. There will be none left to bring home.
Homemade cherry lemon muffins are easy to make and sooo worth it.
What is more delicious that cherry lemon muffins to make you smile!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemon's worth)
- 1 stick melted butter (and cool)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups pitted cherries (if large cut in half
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the muffin tin or use cupcake papers (much easier clean up to use cupcake papers).
- In a small bowl, add the flour, baking powder and cherries and mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the egg and whisk until the egg yolks turn a lighter yellow..
- Add the sugar into the egg and mix.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add the melted butter (be sure it is cooled and not hot) and mix into the egg and sugar.
- Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix and then add the remainder and mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet gradually and stir until incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top of the liners or top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Cool.
- In a bowl mix the powder sugar and lemon juice together (add a little milk if not completely incorporated together.
- Take about a spoon full of the frosting and drizzle over each muffin.