One of the most requested things I get from my son is to make my cheesy hashbrown casserole.
Who doesn’t enjoy cheese and potatoes together in one dish?
You can make this with chopped ham, bacon, or sausage if you like to give it a meal.
Without the meat in it, it tastes similar to the kind you get a the Cracker Barrel.
Make this up ahead of time, and you will have a meal ready to go when you don’t feel like cooking.
- 2 lbs (32 ounces) shreaded hashbrowns
- 1 8oz bag shreaded colby cheese
- 1 stick butter melted butter.
- 1 can Campbells Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (not needed if you use salted butter)
- Glass 9x11 pan
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a large Tupperware Thatsa Bowl, add the hashbrowns, cheese and melted butter.
- Mix with your Tupperware spatula.
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup, pepper and salt and mx again.
- Spread out the mixture into the pan and even it out. It will be very high if the hashbrowns are frozen, they will flatten down once they are cooked.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes (I like mine crunchy so I sometimes cook it for an hour)
- Stir while cooking.
- Add 1 cup chopped ham for another variation.
If you like your hashbrowns crunchy, you can pull the casserole out and stir the browning edged in, creating more crunchy goodness.