This Cherry Crumb Pie is so good and yummy. We used our pie crust recipe and cherries we canned for the filling and it was so good, I had a piece for breakfast!
This is a perfect dessert to take with you to a party, or make just because you love Cherries. Or you have cherries coming out your ears and are looking for a way to use them up.
In Michigan we have Travese City, cherry capitol of the world. Lots of cherries up there and super fresh and delicious.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 pints/cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries (or tart, your preference)
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 stick cold salted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Roll your pie crust out and place into your pie pan.
- Place the cup of frozen cherries at the bottom of your pan.
- Add 1 pint/can of the cherry pie filling into the pan on top of the cherries.
- If it is not heaping like you want, add the second pint/can of cherries.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and sugar together.
- Add the butter and cut the butter in with a pastry blender..
- Give up because it's too hard to incorporate and put it in the food processor or get the hand mixer out.
- Sprinkle topping on top of the cherries until covered.
- Place in the oven and bake.
- When the crumb topping starts to turn brown, turn the oven down ot 350.
- Bake for a total time of 35-40 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble.