My son loves lil’ smokies, and he loves corn dogs, mini corn dogs and hot dogs.
They can be expensive to buy, so making them ourselves save some money and we have more control of what goes in them.
You can make them too. You take chopped up hot dogs. lil’ smokies or smokey links if you prefer.
We used a corn muffin mix to make it simple and quick, but you could make your own corn muffin mix too.
Make ahead in advance and freeze and pop them out when you want to serve them. Pop them in the microwave and you have an instant snack.
- Box of corn muffin mix (or your homemade muffin mix)
- 12 lil' smokey links
- Follow directions on the package of your corn muffin mix and preheat the oven.
- Grease/butter your muffin tin (or use cupcake papers)
- If you don't grease/butter the tins, the corn muffins will stick and be a mess.
- Fill the muffin tin about 1/2 full with the corn muffin mix.
- Place a lil' smokey in the middle of the muffin mix.
- Cook the corn muffin per the corn muffin instructions, until the toothpick comes out clean.