If you love Apple Pie, here is a way to to make them quickly in an Empanada.
You are just about 15-20 minutes away from an Empanada (including cooking time).
You can use a can of apple pie filling or what you canned yourself.
Any fruit filling you like will work, I just picked apple as it’s my favorite.
- Pie Crust (homemade or package of pie crusts)
- Apple Pie Filling
- White Sugar
- Teaspoon of Milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Take the pie crust and roll it out.
- Using the Tupperware Empanada Maker bottom and cut circles into the pie crust.
- Place the pie crust on the top of the Empanada Maker and pressed in gently.
- Take about 1-2 tablespoons of apple pie filling into the pastry (too much will cause it to squish out!)
- Close the Empanada Maker and ensure the edges are sealed.
- Cut 2-3 holes in the top to allow steam to come out.
- brush milk on the top of the pastry and sprinkle sugar on the top.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until brown at 350 degrees.