Links below are affiliate links. I get a small commission to help keep this site up and running. Thank you for shopping from these links.
This is a great recipe to use to make your own Apple Pie filling. This is great out of the jar, in a pie, in empanadas, apple crisp, over ice cream, turn overs, and whatever else you decide to eat it with.
- 6 quarts sliced apples
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 cup Clear Jel (can use corn starch instead)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 cups water (or 5 cups apple juice for syrup)
- 5 cups water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Sprinkle lemon juice on sliced apples so they don't turn brown (outside of ½ cup of lemon juice)
- Syrup: Add 5 water (or apple juice), sugar, Clear Jel, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice in a pan.
- Heat until bubbles.
- With another pan, remove apples from lemon juice, rinse and drain.
- Put apples in pain with 5 cups water water and heat.
- Let boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Drain apples and add syrup.
- Stir and combine well.
- Put in jars with clean lids and rings.
- Place in hot water bath for 25 minutes for quarts.